AIDN - New South Wales Inc
The Australian Industry and Defence Network of New South Wales (AIDN NSW) is the peak body for businesses and related agencies within NSW $7.9 billion (2014-15) defence sector. AIDN NSW is committed to representing the interests of NSW defence sector and providing it with a collective voice. The Network is an incorporated association entirely financed by members' annual fees and exists to pursue the interests of its members and the industry. AIDN – National
AIDN NSW is one of seven chapters that combine to form AIDN National, with each state having an equal voice on the National Committee. AIDN National functions through a National Secretariat and facilitates effective and efficient communications between State bodies and Federal Government Departments, in particular, the Department of Defence and the Department of Industry, Science and Resources. AIDN National also represents member bodies on Department of Defence fora and at relevant seminars. Importantly, AIDN represents the SME perspective in the development of Defence Industry Policy and can mediate or assist in resolving Industry/Government misunderstandings. Member Benefits
As an AIDN NSW member, you will receive advantages such as:
- The publication of your company profile on the AIDN NSW and AIDN National websites, providing nationwide exposure to your business
- Access to the AIDN National Extranet, which offers updates on Sector news and events nationally
- Policy updates, articles, and other useful information
- Access to all member event - often free or at a substantially reduced price to non-members
- A weekly e-mail containing current Defence tender information
- A 6-month FREE listing in the Australian Defence Magazine (ADM) Directory of Defence Suppliers
- A 3-month FREE trial ADM Premium Subscription, with gives you access to the magazine, the premium newsletter, and online access to the offerings of this respected medium of Defence information, discussion and debate
- Above all, the comfort and satisfaction of being allied with an association that represents your companies’ interests
"New South Wales the "State of Innovation"
Above the Water
"Winner Maritime Australian Defence Innovation Award 2017"
Below the Water
Deep Ray Flying Wing
2017- Awarded $3.17 Mil Innovation Hub Investment
Hunter Defence Readiness Seminar Series
Hunter Defence & AIDN NSW are running a Defence Readiness Seminar Series designed to educate prepare, grow, and mature NSW businesses who are either active in, or considering, Defence as a business opportunity.
The Seminar Series is designed to assist SMEs to:
- develop sustainable organisational capabilities and competencies to meet Australian and International Defence Prime Contractor requirements;
- overcome identified weaknesses or shortfalls in their capabilities or competencies; or
- when they must meet specific Defence tender requirements that require a credible response.
For further information on the Defence Readiness Seminar Series and to submit an Expression of Interest please go here
The Hunter Defence Task Force has also created a podcast in relation to the Series which can be found here
AIDN NSW Young Achiever Award — 2018 Winners
NSW Young Achiever
- Angus Bean – DroneShield
- Runner-Up Kenneth Tomas – Rockwell Collins Australia
- Third Place Andrew Roberts – Rockwell Collins Australia
SME Category Finalists
- Winner Kenneth Tomas – Rockwell Collins Australia