Umwelt is an Australian-owned SME consultancy of more than 120 environment, social consulting and engineering professionals operating nation-wide. We are a values-based company with a passion for pragmatic, cost effective and innovative solutions to the environmental and community issues faced by our clients. Our project experience since establishment in 1993 includes environmental impact assessment, approvals, environmental risk, climate change and adaptation, heritage, social impact assessment, policy development, constraints analysis and onsite construction environmental management, auditing and project supervision.
Our strength lies in our combination of strategic advice and technical expertise. We focus on providing clients with an environmental, social assessment and management service that is fully integrated into the broader development program. From concept and feasibility through to technical assessment, consultation and approvals to delivery, operation and decommissioning. By working in partnership with our clients we identify, manage and mitigate risk and facilitate project delivery.
Umwelt is engaged on a number of Defence projects and is a member of the Defence Environment and Heritage Panel.
What really sets us apart is the quality and expertise of our people, with many of the team being leaders in their fields of expertise.
Our core services include:
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Development approval
- Environmental Management and Operational Support
- Bushfire Assessment
- Archaeology & Cultural Heritage
- Ecology and Biodiversity
- Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Environmental Auditing/ Due Diligence Review
- Environmental Noise
- Rehabilitation, Closure & Decommissioning
- Spatial and Visualisation
- Social Impact Analysis
- Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas
- Natural Resource Management
- Water Resources Engineering
- Strategic Planning & Policy
Member since 2020