AIDN - New South Wales Inc
The Australian Industry and Defence Network of New South Wales (AIDN NSW) is the peak body for businesses and related agencies within NSW $7.9 billion (2014-15) defence sector. AIDN NSW is committed to representing the interests of NSW defence sector and providing it with a collective voice. The Network is an incorporated association entirely financed by members' annual fees and exists to pursue the interests of its members and the industry. AIDN – National
AIDN NSW is one of seven chapters that combine to form AIDN National, with each state having an equal voice on the National Committee. AIDN National functions through a National Secretariat and facilitates effective and efficient communications between State bodies and Federal Government Departments, in particular, the Department of Defence and the Department of Industry, Science and Resources. AIDN National also represents member bodies on Department of Defence fora and at relevant seminars. Importantly, AIDN represents the SME perspective in the development of Defence Industry Policy and can mediate or assist in resolving Industry/Government misunderstandings. Member Benefits
As an AIDN NSW member, you will receive advantages such as:
- The publication of your company profile on the AIDN NSW website, providing exposure to your business
- Policy updates, articles, and other useful information
- Access to all member events - often free or at a substantially reduced price to non-members
- A weekly e-mail containing current Defence tender information and opportunities
- A 6-month FREE listing in the Australian Defence Magazine (ADM) Directory of Defence Suppliers
- A 3-month FREE trial ADM Premium Subscription, with gives you access to the magazine, the premium newsletter, and online access to the offerings of this respected medium of Defence information, discussion and debate
- Above all, the comfort and satisfaction of being allied with an association that represents your companies’ interests
"New South Wales the "State of Innovation"
Above the Water
"Winner Maritime Australian Defence Innovation Award 2017"
Below the Water
Deep Ray Flying Wing
2017- Awarded $3.17 Mil Innovation Hub Investment
Hunter Defence Readiness Seminar Series
Hunter Defence & AIDN NSW are running a Defence Readiness Seminar Series designed to educate prepare, grow and mature NSW businesses who are either active in, or considering, Defence as a business opportunity.
The Seminar Series is designed to assist SMEs to:
- develop sustainable organisational capabilities and competencies to meet Australian and Internation Defence Prime Contractor requirements;
- overcome identified weaknesses or shortfalls in their capabilities or competencies; or
- when they must meet specific Defence tender requirements that require a credible response.
For further information on the Defence Readiness Seminar Series and to submit an Expression of Interest please go here
A podcast has been created to introduce the Series and can be found at Introduction podcast
The Hunter Defence Task Force has also created a podcast in relation to the Series which can be found at Hunter Defence Task Force Podcast
AIDN NSW Young Achiever Award — 2020 Winners
NSW Young Achiever Award
- Winner: Guillaume Jounel – DroneShield
- Runner-Up: Michael Robertson – Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems
- Third Place: Nicholas Tsom – Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems